Introduction to Yoga with Shreshthi May 30, 2023
Ayurvedic Insights from Salila Sukumaran May 02, 2023
Understanding Astrology with Shreya Grover April 27, 2023
Discovering Ayurveda with Dr Risha Sharma April 26, 2023
- Acne Prone & Oily Skin
- Award Winners
- Bath & Body Oils
- Bestseller Specials
- Candles & Incense
- Citron Glow
- Eye & Lips Oils
- Face Cleansers & Toners
- Face Masks
- Face Oils
- Full Size
- Gift Sets
- Hair, Body, Bath & Baby
- Herbal Supplements
- Home page
- Kapha Dosha
- New Arrivals
- Oil Test Category
- Pitta Dosha
- Pure Love
- Rose Rapture
- Santal Silk
- Sets + Gifts
- Travel Size
- Treatment Oils
- Treatments: Hair, Brow, Lip, Navel
- Trial Kits
- UMA Ultimate Ayurveda Kit
- Vata Dosha
- Wellness For Home
- Wellness Oils
3 Important Mindsets to Have the Best Day, Every Day!
We wrote this post first for the new beginnings and need for contemplation that comes with a new year. However, with times and stations more fluid than ever, it feels meaningful to make these practices part of our every day as we seek to be more present and contented.
1. Take time for conscious contemplation
This is crucial to living life with intention. So many people scramble along with no regard or respect for their past, continuously making the same mistakes and wondering why they keep ending up in the same place. The start of a new year presents the perfect time to consciously consider the last 365 days of our lives, taking note of our big wins, failures, and overall lessons learned. The following questions are a solid foundation to get you thinking about the last 12 months:
- What was my biggest success this past week, month or last year? What did I do to contribute to that success?
- What was my biggest development opportunity or challenge this past week, month or last year? What could I have done differently?
- What was the single biggest time waster this past week/ month/ year?
- What will I remember most fondly about the last week, month or year?
2. Forgive and move forward
This statement is much more powerful than the old “Forgive and forget.” It acknowledges that you may have wrongdoings or bad habits you wish to repent, but also pushes you to own those actions and forgive yourself to move forward and make strides to be better. Why spend a whole 'nother moment beating yourself up over past mistakes or shortcomings? Put those things you aren’t proud of to rest along with the tumultuous year of 2020. Ask yourself:
- What areas can I improve in?
- Who adds value to my life and how can I strengthen those relationships?
- What haven’t I forgiven myself for? How can I resolve my negative feelings and replace them with positive thoughts?
You may find it empowering to do something to physically symbolize letting go. Write down all the behaviors and actions that aren’t in alignment with your morals and values, along with the transgressions you wish to leave behind. Watch them fade out as you rip up the piece of paper and throw it away in the trash.
3. Set goals and celebrate
Getting rid of your mental hurdles will free up time, space, and energy to focus on what lies ahead. Now you’re ready to set specific goals you can actually keep. Commit to becoming the person you’ve always wanted to be. These questions can help you narrow down what that really means:
- Who are the people I admire most in life? What are some practical ways I can positively use their influence this week, month and year?
- What new adventures lie ahead?
- What lessons do I hope to learn?
- How can I significantly contribute in all areas of my life?
And hey, after all that, you deserve to have a little fun! Whether that means heading out with friends for a night on the town or soaking in a warm bubble bath with relaxing UMA Wellness Oils infused in the water, we hope you make every day your best day yet!
- best self, Lifestyle, Lifestyle Tips, new year, New Year's, new you, wellness oils, Words of Wellness
Pure Calm Wellness Gift SetUma Oils
UMA Pure Love Wellness CandleUma Oils
UMA Beauty Boosting Navel Therapy OilUma Oils
UMA Pure Energy Wellness IncenseUma Oils
UMA Pure Rest Wellness IncenseUma Oils
UMA Pure Energy Wellness OilUma Oils
UMA Body Balancing Navel Therapy OilUma Oils
UMA Pure Calm Wellness Bath OilUma Oils
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
4 Ways to Show Yourself Some Love This Valentine's Day
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, many of us...
Your Guide to Pure & Natural Ingredients
Pure, real ingredients are part of our DNA and we...
Dare to Bare Your Soul
Going bare isn’t just about going makeup free. It’s about...
3 Kapha-Balancing Recipes to Keep You In Great Winter Health
As Kapha season surrounds us with elements of stability, but...
Embrace Renewal with These Ayurvedic Mindfulness Practices
Happy New Year from us at UMA! We sincerely hope...
5 Simple, Yet Effective Ayurvedic Detox Practices for the New Year
The arrival of the new year brings with it feelings...
Ayurvedic Lifestyle, Exercise & Diet Guidelines for Winter
Winter is here and it's time to remind ourselves that the changes...
5 Tips to Fight Fatigue and Boost Energy
We’ve all been there – in the midst of a...