Introduction to Yoga with Shreshthi May 30, 2023
Ayurvedic Insights from Salila Sukumaran May 02, 2023
Understanding Astrology with Shreya Grover April 27, 2023
Discovering Ayurveda with Dr Risha Sharma April 26, 2023
- Acne Prone & Oily Skin
- Award Winners
- Bath & Body Oils
- Bestseller Specials
- Candles & Incense
- Citron Glow
- Eye & Lips Oils
- Face Cleansers & Toners
- Face Masks
- Face Oils
- Full Size
- Gift Sets
- Hair, Body, Bath & Baby
- Herbal Supplements
- Home page
- Kapha Dosha
- New Arrivals
- Oil Test Category
- Pitta Dosha
- Pure Love
- Rose Rapture
- Santal Silk
- Sets + Gifts
- Travel Size
- Treatment Oils
- Treatments: Hair, Brow, Lip, Navel
- Trial Kits
- UMA Ultimate Ayurveda Kit
- Vata Dosha
- Wellness For Home
- Wellness Oils
Yoga for Beginners with Anjaly Warrier
Anjaly Warrier, a certified yoga teacher, and nutritionist, helps new mothers lose their pregnancy weight in a holistic way.
She has been practicing yoga for the past 6 years and teaching for the last 3 years.
1. In your opinion, what are the first 3-5 things an individual can do to get started on a Yogic way of life?
First and foremost is
1) To follow Yama and niyama
2) Start practicing yoga asanas daily
3) switch to a Satvic yogic diet
4) practice pranayama and meditation regularly
2. Can you share a few examples of when you have seen Yoga at its most transformative, or essentially its best?
Yoga has helped transformation physically, emotionally or mentally, spiritually and socially too
3. Are there certain situations, persons, or diseases that you have found Yoga to be more valuable for?
Yes, many of my students have stopped their medication that they were taking for PCOD, Irregular periods, menstrual cramps, bloating, digestive issues, issues during pregnancy etc.
Many of my clients have managed to lose their pregnancy weight and come back to their pre-pregnancy weight. Have had improvement in sleep and hunger.
When there is an emergency like an accident or a fatal illness like cancer etc is where we can go to yoga to get rid of the side effects of the surgery or treatments instead of actually treating the problem.
1) listen to your body, and use props wherever needed.
2) be consistent
3) be realistic and patient
4) don’t compare your journey with others
5) find a good yoga teacher.
6. When choosing a Yoga Instructor, what are some of the questions you recommend someone ask? Are there other things you recommend people research to ensure a good fit with their Yoga Instructor?
There are many things that you need to look for in a yoga teacher, but for someone who is starting new it is always recommended to try one class and see if it suits your requirements.
Ginger, termeric and coriander
When used in small amount as medicines will not have any contraindications.
Again turmeric, coriander, ginger and adding funnel seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper.
1/2 cup water mixed with 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tsp termeric, a small pc of ginger, a pinch black pepper and 2 dates.
a. Bloating - Vata dosha - easy warm easy to digest food, eat on time and find a way to relax yourself
b. Persistent weight issues - vata, pitta and kapha dosha - move more, exercise more, eat warm and smaller meals, eat food that is easy to digest based on your Prakriti. Balance stress and lifestyle. Sleep well etc
11. Please paint the picture of a Yoga journey under your care as an instructor? How do you recommend patients make the best of remote sessions and gain the maximum benefit before coming in for in-person sessions.
A person who gets associated with me gets a lot of physical, emotional and spiritual benefits. Not only do they get rid of the physical ailments they come back to their optimum weight, manage stress, sleep better, eat better, have an improved lifestyle and start connecting spiritually too.
I have learnt to let go from my yoga journey, I was always a disciplined person so incorporating the Yama and niyama was not a big task but I was over obsessed with things which i learned to let go. I started connecting spiritually very deeply and started getting many answers to questions. Asanas obviously gave me a beautiful body that I am very proud of.